I’m not sure if anyone actually reads my monthly goals and whether they’re an entertaining part of my blog. However, I always find it useful to reflect back on the previous month to see whether I’m on track and where to go from there.
Last month, the focus was easing Madeleine into childcare. It’s been 2 months now since she started and it’s going well! She still cries at drop-offs but it only lasts for a few minutes. She’s eating, sleeping and interacting with all the other babies! I think 2 months is a good amount of time to ease them in. It has definitely worked for us and now that I’m back at work, I’m no longer (not as!) worried about her being there!
Restarting work has been pretty good! Previously, I was anxious and feeling a bit overwhelmed, probably because of mother’s guilt. But she’s eased into childcare and that has made my transition back to work a breeze! I am happy to be making an income again!
So what’s next?
- I still have a credit card debt which I need to pay off! I’m usually pretty good at this but going down to one income whilst I’ve been on maternity leave has been hard! You can read about it here.
- Madeleine’s 1st birthday is next week! I cannot believe how fast time has flown!
- Mum’s breast tumour came back as benign thank goodness!
- We’re aiming to go camper-vanning around New Zealand in December so we need to get planning! Anyone got any good ideas about camper-vanning?
- My sister is getting married in November and I’m the maid of honour. So much to do!
- I absolutely love blogging. I have changed my site title from ‘Mum life’ to ‘Wife and Mum Life’ as I’ve got so many stories to tell as a wife. Especially about how much I annoy my hubby (I think it has become a hobby of mine!) Haha! Read about it here
- I am becoming more open and comfortable about my blog, I don’t really care who knows about it. I have now told at least 5 people I know about it!
- I hate Instagram. I try to promote my blog there but this social platform just seems so fake to me. Does anyone else feel like this?
- Still haven’t opened up a Facebook page yet – there are too many people I know on Facebook and I’m still a bit shy! Mainly because there’s a lot of work people on there!
Now that I’ve written everything down, August seems like a very busy month! It definitely is busier now that I’m back at work (only 2 days for the next month then going up to 4 days!). I am definitely trying to juggle being a mum, a wife, a career woman, a cleaner and a maid at home. I’m still keeping up with my blogging goal of at least one post a week! Woo-hoo!