I’ve been with my husband for over a decade, something like 13 or 14 years. I’m losing count as the amount of time together is not so important to me anymore but rather what we do with that time holds greater significance.
Being with someone for as long as we have, we’ve grown to know each other pretty well. We love each other despite our flaws, even if they annoy us! Despite knowing exactly what annoys my husband, I continue to do it because I know I can get away with it.
So here’s what he had to say:
1. I always avoid pouring petrol. I strategically get him to drive the car when it’s empty so that he can fill it up.
2. I don’t stack. I tidy by throwing everything in the cupboard so I no longer see it. When my hubby goes to open the cupboard, everything comes tumbling out. He has since given up on showing me how to stack things neatly.
3. I always make him go on midnight runs to get me food, which he kindly does (yes I am very lucky!). But when he brings it home, I eat it all before he has time to say “Can I have some?”
4. I remind him and ask him the same thing several times.
5. I online shop a lot! I impulse buy a lot of random stuff that we don’t need. I recently bought an automated cat litter that was worth $200 AUD ($160 USD). We probably didn’t need such an expensive cat litter but I bought it due to the convenience of not having to clean it daily!
6. There’s always hair in the shower drain.
7. I insist upon his undivided attention even when I know he’s busy.
8. I sing and dance very loudly in the morning to wake him up. I am a morning person, however my Hubby is not. The more grumpy he is, the louder I get! My daughter and I then sing, “Daddy’s in a bad mood, Daddy’s in a bad mood….!” Oh this makes me laugh just thinking about it.
I know that each one of the above annoy my husband to bits but sometimes I do it anyway! A part of me doesn’t want to change as I know I don’t have to. I know that he will love me regardless, accepting all my flaws. What do you guys do even though you know it annoys your partner but you do it anyway?