When I first started this blog, I was terrified of people finding out or that I wouldn’t have any followers. Putting yourself out there is hard! However, I have met a few lovely people through blogging and it has really grown on me. Now that I have a few followers, I thought I’d introduce myself with 20 things about me.
1. I am 31 in December. However, I look like I’m 19 (blessed with Asian genes), especially when I don’t have any make up on. I use to find it insulting especially professionally but now that I’m in my thirties, I am trying to embrace it!
2. I am a mother of 1 to Madeleine born August 2016. My love for her is something I didn’t know I was capable of. We hope to have 3 kids.
3. I am also a wife and we have been married since 2013. We dated since 2005 (yikes that was so long ago). I met my husband at University.
4. I am a Pharmacist by day. Although, it’s not a very interesting profession, I am glad that it has allowed me to afford my lifestyle.
5. My background is Vietnamese but I was born in Melbourne, Australia. I consider myself Australian born with a Vietnamese background. And yes, I am fluent with both languages! Hopefully, I can teach both to Madeleine!
6. I love to travel, especially hiking and sightseeing. I have travelled to: Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Hawaii, America, New Zealand and I plan to do lots more! My dream destination is Norway.
7. When I’m by myself and I’m not blogging, you’ll find me playing the piano, watching movies/series or researching about our next family adventure.
8. I love horror movies! Except, my hubby doesn’t and therefore, I don’t get to watch any. Too scared to watch it alone!
9. I hate socialising – this is going to make me seem weird! But I hate meeting new people, the stress of making conversation is too overwhelming. I do love catching up with good old friends though. I am a hermit by nature (if I’m not hiking, travelling or doing family activities).
10. I hate Instagram – it makes everything look perfect. I hate it because it’s unrealistic and makes you feel inadequate. I’d rather words over pictures.
11. I hate fine dining. I cannot stand spending hundreds of dollars on a meal! I don’t appreciate food enough to spend that much money on it. I’d rather McDonald’s instead, honestly. The French Fries are my favourite. Hubby got them weekly for me when I was pregnant. And it was always at midnight!
12. I love being pregnant. If I could be pregnant forever, I would choose that over my frame any day. I loved the curves, loved the extra weight, loved my hair and loved how round my belly was. Yep, I’m crazy.
13. I come across as loud. A friend of mine calls me the Little Loud Asian. But I am in fact, very shy. The loudness is probably my attempt to try and mask my shyness. I tend to sweat alot when talking to people (ew) and spend more time thinking about what to say next rather than listening to the conversation.
14. Favourite date ideas (which we no longer have time for): eating in, candlelit dinner, movies and eating food truck meals! And of course, hiking and camping.
15. I have a fear of how fast time is going by. I fear that I don’t have enough time to spend with my loved ones.
16. My dad has Lung cancer and although he’s in remission, I am petrified of losing him.
17. I do not have any tattoos, however I did have a belly piercing as a teenager (my parents are going to kill me)
18. I got suspended from high school in Year 9 for trying cigarettes on school grounds.
19. I have 1 sister, Cathy. She is completely different to me. Rides motorbikes, into Caucasians, tall and incredibly awkward. I wasn’t close to her growing up but now we are the closest of friends!
20. I started this Blog in early June, not long ago. But I did have a secret blog 2 years ago. I love blogging as I express myself better in words than conversation. I am not looking to make a bussiness out of it, but more to connect with people.